Cloudy walls in resin boxes

Sometimes I want to make a box with different colours on the walls and the base. So far I've made a few and I have two options. I can pour the walls in one colour (usually clear) on one day, then wait for it to set, and mix another batch for the base. Or I can pour the walls, then add more ink, and pour it at the same time. Pouring both at the same time means they will mix as it flows around the mould. Sometimes one kind of ink is heavier than others, so it mixes more.

This one was done on different days so that there was a definite line because I wanted it to look like water. (I'll write about making this one some other time)

This one was done at the same time so that it would mix and make blue clouds with stars in.

This one was also done at the same time so that it would mix, but the purple ink is denser so it sinks further and doesn't spread out as much.

Comments