Glade Part 18 - Remembering with Raine

Glade spends the entire next day linked to Raine. They don't usually link properly because they don't want to be disturbed. They remember things which happened since last time and show each other so Raine knows all about Rachel, and Glade know all about the young man Raine had seen a few times. This young man seems to know what she is but hasn't talked to her yet, but she's more interested in Rachel. R: "I wonder if she's going to change her mind and ask you to change her."
G: "I doubt she would." He remembers Rachel saying that she doesn't want it. "She knows what it means."
"Yes, but you know how fast they can change their minds."
"If she starts talking more about it then I could back off."
"She might follow you."
"I'm not here to talk about Rachel."
"I know you're not, but it's you who keeps thinking about her and you know it."
"I can change that." He thinks of the last time they met and they both see the cafe they went to. A friend owned it and let them sit there whenever they wanted to. They were going to hunt after then, but a friend had offered a few nights ago so they were waiting to see if the friend would show up. If they did they would share, or if they didn't they would go out. They hear the bell over the door, and Raine looks round to see if it's their friend. R: "I loved this, waiting for the hunt with you. You know I bought that bell?"
"No I didn't. Was it torn down?"
"No. I went back there on the night it broke. Nancy misses you."
"Nancy still owns it?"
"No, her son owns it now, but she works there on weekends, he won't let her work more than that."
"When I can visit I would see her."
"Re-create this moment?"
"Do you know someone?"
"Not anyone who would share, but we could go there."
"She came in just after that moment."
"But not the first one after that."
"We looked round every time and Nancy would look at us every time it wasn't the right person." they hear the bell ring again, but this time Glade's memory puts their friend in the doorway, exactly as they remember her. There was a slight rain that night, just enough to put little silver sparkles in her dark curls. She sees them and smiles, and Raine goes to hug her gently. R: "Thanks for this."
"You know I like it." Glade stands up and greets her too, kissing her hand gently and thanking her again. "No really, it's not a big thing."
G: "She was always saying that."
"Remember how the rain got heavier as we walked?"
"I took my coat off to use as an umbrella and she was worried I would get too cold." The memory of Michelle says what he remembers "Are you sure you're not going to get too cold?"
"I could lay on a glacier and not be too cold."
R: "We could actually but I wouldn't like to try it."
"Neither would I." The scene changes, they're at the house they shared at the time Raine takes he coat and when she's sitting down Glade helps her take her boots off. He knows she always ties them tight and that her fingers would be numb from the cold outside. R: "Do you remember what drink she wanted?"
"Tea please if you have any."
R: "Of course we had some, we always had things for friends because they came over so often." The scene changes again, Glade has his shirt off and a towel round his shoulders, drying his hair from the rain, and different jeans on. Both of them look at Glade, and he can see that they're thinking similar things. Raine comes over and kisses him, but their friend blushes and looks away. He laughed and she laughed too. G: "Nervous?"
"I'm not, it's just, I thought..."
R: "She thought the same as I did."
G: "Did she really think the same as you did?"
"Yes she did, I was sitting next to her and I was thirsty, so were you, and it was obvious from how she looked away." It changes again. Raine kneeling next to Michelle on the sofa, using her abilities to make her feel strangely light and happy. Glade is sitting on the floor watching them. His hands twitch as his claws grow and sting his fingers and he growls softly. Raine looks round quickly and smiles. She had painted hers and kept them strong for a couple of weeks now. She invites him over to take over playing with Michelle so she can go to clean her claws. She moves away and Glade sits next to her, using the same ability to make her feel the same but with a dream now. He watches her with a faceless man which changes to look like him when she opens her eyes, but she doesn't see him consciously. She's only feeling what he's making her feel and seeing what he's letting her see. Her dream changes, now she's at home with the man who looks like him, but they don't do anything, she just wanders round her room while the image of him sits on her bed. She wanders to a club and the image follows, wandering around, pushing her against a wall here and moving as though to kiss her, dancing with her there, now sitting next to her and drinking with her. Raine finishes cleaning the colour from her claws and wanders back. She watches them for a minute and Michelle's dream changes to include an image of Raine. Glade picks her up and gently lays her on their bed. Glade goes first, laying next to her, gently turning her head to one side to make a tiny cut on her neck. He drinks slowly because her heart is beating slowly, if he drank quickly the vein would collapse. Raine growls now, softly and with her eyes burning like silver coals in the dark. Glade looks up when he's had a taste and she takes her turn. Using one claw on Michelle's wrist and drinking gently like Glade is already doing. They watch the dream of their friend and see her on a bed with them running their hands all over her body. Raine heals the little cut she's drinking from and moves, but isn't sure where. Glade makes a tiny cut for her on their friend's chest and she drinks from that. She drinks slowly again, but struggles to stay calm. Glade finishes and heals the cut, being careful to not let blood get on the pillow. Raine finished a minute later and lets Glade control how fast she comes out of the trance. He turns her head gently toward him and lets it fade. "Wow."
R: "I told you it would be good."
"Ouch, my neck."
G: "Did I hurt you?"
"No, it's just a bit stiff. I didn't k now I would be this tired after."
R: "You have lost quite a lot of blood."
G: "Stay as long as you like." She closes her eyes, and falls asleep. They move silently and close the door to let her sleep. R: "That was amazing, but I hope we didn't take too much."
G: "She will be fine, we told her what it would be like and she enjoyed it."
"Yes, that's the main thing." She kisses him, and they sit down together. "I loved these times, when we could be together. I wonder if your idea about an island would work."
"I hope so, then we could be together for as long as we like as long as everyone else knows to avoid that island."
"But how would we stay hidden? On such a small island people would notice if two more people arrived but there wasn't enough food arriving for two more."
"I doubt they would notice much, and we could grow some food."
"They would wonder why we arrived at night and didn't come out in the day."
"But we could try, even if they chase us off we can try."
"They might even like it, vampires of the island." They keep talking for a while then remember some other nights together. Past hunts and old friends. R: "I think you can visit soon."
"Tell me when and I will arrive that night."
"I know you will. After two days?"
"I will be there."
"It's been too long."
"One minute is to long."
"You could bring Rachel."
"I doubt she would want to come. It would be our time to be together and she would be left out."
"If she asks she can come."
"If she asks, I will bring her."

Comments