Glade Part 20 - Visiting Raine A

He goes out as soon as he can to get on the train to see his mate, and she waits at the station for him. She chose this place because of the rail link and chose her territory for the station. They walk to her home and they just sit together for a couple of hours, sharing their love for each other. When they’re ready, they go out to hunt together. R: “Did I say I met a nice young man who likes giving?”
“No you didn’t, he must be good for you to go back to him?”
“Of course he is, I only pick the best.”
“Will I meet him some time soon?”
“Maybe, I don’t know where he’s going tonight. Demon lust is very useful sometimes.”
“You know you have to be careful with them.”
“Yes I know, and I know I’ll be able to put him off when I need to, but I don’t think he’s that bad. Not like some.”
“I remember. Silly girl should have stayed with her human mate.”
“She thought you loved her.”
“I did, just not in the way she thought I did.”
“At least she changed her mind.”
“Only after I spent half an hour with her to get her to leave me alone.”
“Poor thing.”
“I couldn’t help that she loved me so much.”
“It’s just a shame she gave up that nice boy she was with.”
“Rachel had a bit of trouble with her mate last night. He thought that she was cheating on him with me, so he cheated on her, followed her to my house where she knew that she would be safe, and he broke the front window of her car.”
“That’s horrible. To be accused of something like that just because she’s spent time with a different friend.”
“I could smell the alcohol in him when he turned up, and he threatened me and her so I made him need an ambulance to take him away.”
“That’s not like you.”
“I didn’t hurt him, I just made it look like I did when I made him sleep.”
“That sounds exactly like you. Did it work?”
“Yes. Madam Harlow over the road can’t resist looking out at anything which happens in the street. I knew she would likely be watching after the car alarm started so I put on a show. I just couldn’t let him walk away after threatening her like that.”
Do you think I’ll get a sister?”
“I doubt it. She’s told me she doesn’t want it and I don’t think she lied when she said it.”
“That’s unusual. But how do you want to hunt tonight?”
“Would you like to share my victim tonight miss Raine?”
“I think I would like that very much sir.” He hugs her as she laughs and they go into her favourite club. He takes her coat for her then they split up to see what they can find tonight. After a few minutes Raine talks to him through their link. “I know the owner and he knows what I am, sometimes I tell who has something illegal. I’ve seen someone with something so I’ll be back in a minute.” He sees her go to one of the men who work there and lead him to a young man. The man asks him to empty his pockets, and Raine grabs him as he tries to run. Another man who works there goes to a young woman who Raine pointed to and grabs her. Glade smiles as they're taken into the office at the back to wait for the police to take him away. Raine wanders back to Glade but speaks to him through their link to be heard over the crowd and the music. “The first one bought drugs from the second. Now both of them are going to be taken away from here.” “What do you get in return?” “Other than clean stock I get a safe place to hunt and free entry for me and a friend.” “I might do the same at home.” “I think they'd be as likely to get you locked up than borrow your sense of smell. I hunted the owner here so I could see if he would accept my existence.” She watches one particular woman and Glade knows that that’s who she wants to hunt tonight. He follows her, but she goes to the toilets so he waits for her near the door. “She’s alone tonight.” He nods, then realises how silly that is because he knows she can’t see him. When the woman comes out he goes to talk to her. “Are you alone tonight?”
“Yeah, and I’m not interested, I’m just here for a drink.”
“So am I.” He puts her in a trance and leads her back to where Raine is waiting. She takes the woman’s hand and leads her to a darker spot. They always know the darker corners of places. Raine takes over the trance, but lets Glade drink first with his favourite miniature knife. He hunted a couple of days ago so he doesn’t need much tonight. Raine strengthens the trance so the woman won’t remember what happened, and Glade joins in to make her remember Glade kissing her, but nothing more. He moves away and gently pushes the woman toward Raine as an ancient gesture meaning ‘your turn’. When she’s finished she offers Glade another chance to drink and he takes it, and heals the tiny cut when he’s finished. He checks the woman’s memory of tonight and changes it slightly so she doesn’t remember Raine kissing her then lets her go. R: “What did you change?”
“When you were drinking she faintly thought that you were kissing her, so I stopped her remembering that.”
“Good idea.” They wander home and curl up on the sofa together for the day to dream together.

Comments